Today was an incredible day! I poured a concrete pad this morning and had youth in the evening. Tonight the youth made cookies together in groups of 5 or 6. I feel like there was some moments that you could see a glimpse of Jesus in the youth and a part were they seemed like animals. Commanding a crowd of 40 youth was a bit overwhelming. I definitely need to get more resources to properly handle this many youth. Jordan Dyck was my hero! He was horsing around and they I just calmy asked him if he could just really help me out tonight by keeping those around him calm. He exeled and even pray for the snack. Definitely a highlight of last night. I feel like my devo isn't going as well as I would like. I guess that group discussion for youth is hard enough in a small group. Seeing how there was 40 kids out last night I can see why they didn't talk much. Many discussion in the future will have to be in smaller groups I'm thinking. I'm having some trouble getting the youth to shift there focus away from "grawg". That's all half of them can ever talk about! It almost like these youth have gotten used to just acting crazy at youth and I experienced some real lack of respect from a few of them. (Just ignoring me) Its not personal its just disappointing to see our "churched" youth acting this way. I would say a parents meeting would be in order but I feel it wouldn't have much weight.
I'm not a youth sitter! I want to help them...
No comments:
Post a Comment