Friday, October 15, 2010

Oct.14/10

Today was a different sort of youth night.  It started with 10 kids and it was 7:00.  I'm wondering if God was just testing me with that... (kind of the fear that there would be a small amount of kids)... But I thought that might to a relief...  anyway.  The rest of the kids came in a huge wave at 7:10.  Beau T. was out today to help with the youth. It was his first time.  I think he did well with the small group.  I thought that today would be a great place to start with Genesis.  So I got the youth to close there eyes and imagine the world with nothing in it and to continue to imagine creation while I read.  Everyone was very quite and attentive.  YES!  and then we split of in to groups and went threw some questions.  Seems like all the groups had lots to talk about.  There was a few other interesting questions that came out as a result also.  Jordan D. told me I was his role model.  That was really special.  I am amazed with the growing maturity in a few of the older boys.  Laurel had a really long talk with one of the girls.  She shared her at home life situation and everything she was dealing with.  Laurel couldn't stop talking about her.  I need to be a better listener for her.  She will go crazy not being able to let that stuff out.  I tried youth with no snack tonight.  Only a couple kids said anything.  Didn't have to clean up was kinda nice for a change...

No comments:

Post a Comment